ABET has been called several names with subtly different meanings.

AET: Adult Education and Training. This term is often used interchangeably with that of ABET and is mostly used overseas.

FET: Further Education and Training. Most often used n the context of vocational training. The term used mostly nowadays is TVET

TVET: Technical and Vocational Education and Training. This name took over from that of FET.

CET: Continuing Education and Training. This refers mainly to higher education training.

You’ve received training to teach adults and are keen to put your knowledge to work. Now what? You can choose to go into academia as a lecturer teaching other students what is involved in being an ABET practitioner. Alternatively you can find employment in an organisation that cares enough out its employees to provide them with further education, or you can open your own ABET / FET centre either to teach literacy, life skills and numeracy or a more technical skill at a higher level.

To comply with legislation, there are certain requirements if you choose this path. If you choose to teach a technical skill, please note the following notice from the dhet.

ABET Registration Portal, How to Register Online

To Register fir ABET, follow the instruction;
  • Visit https://abet.co.za/

However, if you have any Queries regarding Course Registrations, kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.